OSHA defines a Confined Space as any space that
- is large enough for an employee to enter
- has limited means of access and egress
- is not designed for continuous occupancy.
This includes all manners of tanks, silos, excavations, etc. Not only is entry in such vessels strictly prohibited without extensive training for Confined Space Entry, but a Confined Space Rescue team must also be provided. Performing entry without either is one of the most dangerous things an employee could do, exposing them to potential injury or worse. Specialized personal protective equipment must be used, frequently including respiratory protection equipment like a Self Contained Breathing Apparatus(SCBA). That’s where SR&R comes in.
Our extensively trained Confined Space Entry teams are the best in the business and can handle all aspects of a safe entry:
- Permitting and compliance
- Continuous air monitoring
- Confined Space Entry Cleaning, hydroblasting, inspection or repair
- Confined Space Rescue Standby
Don’t risk serious fines or even more serious injuries. Leave this work to the professionals at SR&R and give yourself one less thing to worry about. For more information on how we can help with your Confined Space Entry / Rescue needs, please contact us.